Merger Talks Compelling, Says MTN
Reaffirming its decision to enter into discussions with India s Bharti Airtel, South African MTN Group said the proposed merger suits very well in its business strategy.
"The rationale for the transaction is compelling and includes diversification and synergistic benefits as well as addressing the objective of becoming one of the pre-eminent emerging market telecommunication companies,’ said MTN in a statement.
MTN said the potential deal addresses growth objectives and would also represent a significant development in south-south cooperation between India and South Africa.
- When Alibaba's Jack Ma Retires To Focus On Philanthropy, Education
- Wipro bags its biggest-ever contract from Alight Solutions
- AI, Chatbots Are Completely Changing Insurance Industry
- Walmart-Flipkart Deal Faces Big Threats From Small Traders
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Rahul Tewari Joins QuiKr As CFO
- Can Walmart-Flipkart Deal Change India's E-Commerce Landscape?
- Technology, A Key Driver In Cross-Border M&A: Study
- Nearly All Firms Are Unprepared For Next-gen Cyber-Attacks: Study
- Coupon Aggregator Zoutons Launches Chrome Extension