Merger Talks Compelling, Says MTN
Reaffirming its decision to enter into discussions with India s Bharti Airtel, South African MTN Group said the proposed merger suits very well in its business strategy.
"The rationale for the transaction is compelling and includes diversification and synergistic benefits as well as addressing the objective of becoming one of the pre-eminent emerging market telecommunication companies,’ said MTN in a statement.
MTN said the potential deal addresses growth objectives and would also represent a significant development in south-south cooperation between India and South Africa.
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study