Merger Talks Compelling, Says MTN
Reaffirming its decision to enter into discussions with India s Bharti Airtel, South African MTN Group said the proposed merger suits very well in its business strategy.
"The rationale for the transaction is compelling and includes diversification and synergistic benefits as well as addressing the objective of becoming one of the pre-eminent emerging market telecommunication companies,’ said MTN in a statement.
MTN said the potential deal addresses growth objectives and would also represent a significant development in south-south cooperation between India and South Africa.
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel