Microchip Extends PIC Microcontroller Range
Microchip Technology, a provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, has announced the first six members of the PIC16F193X family of microcontrollers featuring Microchip’s enhanced mid-range 8-bit core - the PIC16F1934, PIC16LF1934, PIC16F1936, PIC16LF1936, PIC16F1937 and PIC16LF1937.
The new family extends Microchip’s PIC microcontroller portfolio of over 550 compatible members, targeting a wide variety of applications in the appliance, consumer, industrial, medical and automotive markets.
The family’s increased memory and core capabilities deliver enhanced support for both C and Assembly programmers, and "LF" family members feature Microchip’s nanoWatt XLP technology - for extreme low power consumption - enabling designs to achieve significant battery lifetime. Continuing in the PIC MCU tradition of integrating extensive peripherals, the new family offers Direct LCD drive and support for mTouch capacitive touch-sensing solutions.
Steve Drehobl, vice president of Microchip’s Security, Microcontroller and Technology Development Division, said, "We are pleased to announce the first family of microcontrollers based upon our enhanced mid-range 8-bit core."
"Building upon the worldwide customer acceptance of Microchip’s existing mid-range 8-bit products, the new devices enable new levels of functionality at lower system cost," he said.
With a total of 49 instructions, the PIC16F193X microcontrollers optimize program code and data handling, while increasing efficiency and reducing clock cycles. Future devices with the enhanced mid-range 8-bit core, offering increased memory and additional I/O, are expected to be released later this year.
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Fintech Revolution: How India, APAC Cos Are Moving Ahead
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- Evolving Threat from Botnets, IoT Zombies
- Oracle, Spectrum7 Technologies Conduct CIO Meets
- Mobility Is The Future Of Banking
- Automation Is Driving Cloud Communication Startups
- PayPal To Acquire Swift Financial For Lending Biz Expansion
- What's Driving CRM Growth In India?