Micromax-Uber To Enrich Customer Experience
Homegrown mobile phone maker Micromax and ride-hailing app Uber has announced an exclusive partnership to create what they claim will be a seamless mobility experience for its users. This will allow Micromax users to book a ride directly from its Around service, integrated into company’s smartphones.
The partnership will aim to target 100 million Micromax users to ride an Uber through integrated experiences over the next three years.
Around aggregates information from various popular apps across categories including food, travel, shopping, cricket, news and weather and publishes it in a native environment on the device. The platform comes deeply integrated into Micromax devices and is available exclusively for Micromax users on Google Play store.
The Partnership will enable users book an Uber ride on Micromax phones by linking the Uber account to the Around platform.Users will get ETA and Fare estimates for the ride.
The user will have both on-device native integration through in-house services including Around and factory loading of the Uber app on Micromax devices. This will be available for all new Micromax users and over time, planned upgrades would be made available to existing users.
Rahul Sharma, Co-Founder, Micromax Informatics said, “We are committed to bring services and partners that are valued by our consumers and UBER is a testimony to that.
This partnership will help UBER unlock growth across the huge user base of Micromax in India and also help our consumers get the best in class experience from the leaders in ride sharing. Our focus, going forward, will be on building native experiences that will bring alive a connected ecosystem”.
Eric Alexander, President for Business, Uber APAC said, ”We are thrilled to work with India’s leading handset manufacturer, Micromax, in ensuring that millions of Indians get easy, instant access to the Uber app without having to download it. This seamless native user experience will introduce ridesharing, and the benefits it brings to riders, drivers and cities, to a new generation of smartphone users in India.”
- India's Online Education Sector To Grow 8x By 2021
- Why Biometric Smartphone Security Needs A Relook
- IAMAI Names Google India MD Rajan Anandan As Chairman
- 'Cashless India' Still Far-Fetched Without Proper Security
- Convergence, Key To Biz Empowerment: CSS Corp CEO
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (May 15-20)
- AI And Other Key Takeaways From Google I/O 2017
- Chinese Mobile Brands Taking Over Smartphone Market
- Airtel, Ola Team Up To Offer Digital Payment Services
- Traditional Retail Will Stay, But Needs A Digital Nudge