Microsemi to acquire Actel, unveils 65 nm embedded flash platform
Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq:MSCC), a manufacturer of analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, semiconductors and RF subsystems, has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Actel Corporation (Nasdaq: ACTL) for $20.88 per share through a cash tender offer. The total transaction value is approximately $430 million, net of Actel’s projected cash balance at closing. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in Microsemi’s fiscal first quarter, ending January 2, 2011.
Actel will be integrated into Microsemi’s SOC products division. Microsemi has also announced its first product from the acquisition – a 65nm embedded flash platform, on which the company’s next generation flash-based customizable SOCs (system-on-chips) will be built. Featuring a new, expandable 4-input LUT architecture, the company’s low power, intelligent mixed signal and system critical series of SOCs will converge on state-of-the-art 65nm embedded flash process.
Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Actel is a supplier of low-power, mixed- signal, and radiation-tolerant field programmable gate arrays (“FPGAs”) serving the mil/aero, industrial, communication, and consumer markets.
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research
- IoT Spending To Hit USD 1.4 Tn By 2021: IDC
- Indian Cos Prone To Cyber-Attack; 60% Use Unregulated Software
- Addressing IT Hardware Industry's GST Challenges
- IESA Expands Footprints To Boost Local Manufacturing
- Budget 2017: Expectations From India's Telecom Sector
- Top 12 Strategic Tech Acquisitions In 2016