Microsoft adds SafeNet HSM with SQL Server'08
The SafeNet HSMs work with the database management system to create a secure platform for storing and managing sensitive data. The integration of SafeNet’s Luna SA with SQL Server 2008 R2 allows storage of the server’s master cryptographic keys and separates select key management functionality.
"SafeNet’s Luna SA and Luna PCI provide organizations using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 with additional security features to help meet today’s ever-evolving data threats and compliance mandates," said Rana Gupta, director, India & SAARC, SafeNet India. "Organizations can add a layer of security technology that helps protect keys to be separate from the data it protects while accelerating complex features such as key rotation."
The updated technology will also allow many end users to meet compliance regulations, battle e-privacy issues, and operate more efficiently and at a lower cost, claims SafeNet.
"The SafeNet Luna SA and Luna PCI offer users of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 two flexible encryption options for their deployment scenarios," said Gupta. "With the integration of SQL Server 2008 R2, we are confident that we are further enabling customers to fully realize a seamless, security-enhanced integration, and become more compliant with government standards and regulations."
Integration with Microsoft applications is facilitated via the SafeNet Luna EKM, which is used to set up extensible key management (EKM) for SQL Server 2008 R2. The Luna EKM configuration utility allows the flexibility to set parameters required by the EKM module and allows for the encryption of data using encryption keys on the external Luna EKM module.
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- Technostress Hampers Productivity At Workplace: Microsoft
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- AI To Play A Decisive Role In Cyber Security
- Cloud War Intensifies; Alibaba Taps Indian Enterprises
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations