Microsoft Agrees To Acquire ProClarity
Microsoft Corporation has agreed to acquire ProClarity Corp - a developer of advanced analysis and visualization technologies that work in association with Microsoft’s BI platform.
Microsoft’s BI offerings portfolio - from SQL Server 2005, Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005 to the forthcoming BI capabilities within the 2007 Office System releases of Excel and SharePoint demonstrates its increasing investment in BI, and this acquisition is a part of that investment.
ProClarity’s technology and people will help Microsoft accelerate its strategy of broadening BI reach by providing easy user experience for accessing and working with business information, besides providing increased BI functionality, increased customer value and enhancing opportunities for industry partners to integrate BI into business applications.
“ProClarity has been a valued Microsoft partner for many years, with a strong R&D organization, more than 1,200 mutual customers and a sales force that already works closely with ours. This acquisition advances our BI strategy and our ability to deliver performance management applications to customers,” said Jeff Raikes, President - business division, Microsoft.
“Our focus at ProClarity is to give organizations a simple, powerful and adaptable interface to insight, expanding on the power of the Microsoft business intelligence platform. We share Microsoft’s enthusiasm for making BI accessible to all decision-makers within an organization,” said Bob Lokken, CEO ProClarity.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Walmart-Flipkart Deal Faces Big Threats From Small Traders
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Demystifying AI And Analytics With Sameer Dhanrajani