Microsoft Buys Gene Analysis Software Unit
Microsoft has acquired certain assets of Rosetta Biosoftware, a company that builds gene analyzing software. Products from Rosetta will be incorporated into Microsoft Amalga Life Sciences platform.
Rosetta is a business unit of Rosetta Inpharmatics,a wholly-owned subsidiary of Merck & Co.
The deal allows Microsoft to incorporate genetic, genomic, metabolomic and proteomics data management software into the Microsoft Amalga Life Sciences platform for enhanced translational research capabilities. In addition, Microsoft will establish a strategic relationship with Merck to enhance the Amalga Life Sciences platform to meet emerging pharmaceutical research needs.
Under the terms of the agreement, Merck will become a customer of the Microsoft Amalga Life Sciences 2009 platform and also will provide strategic input to Microsoft on the direction and evolution of new solutions incorporating Rosetta Biosoftware technologies.
Introduced in April 2009, Microsoft Amalga Life Sciences is a new software platform for data analysis during clinical trials. The platform automates the management and analysis of massive, heterogeneous research data.
The deal is expected to close at the end of June 2009, and the new Amalga Life Sciences platform incorporating Rosetta Biosoftware technologies is slated to be available in early 2010.
Until the deal is closed, Rosetta Biosoftware will continue to operate as a business unit of Rosetta Inpharmatics.
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Virtual Reality Is Reshaping India's Real Estate Industry
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- Microsoft, Amazon, India’s Top Employers: Randstad
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- How Organizations Can Promote Work-Life Balance