Microsoft HR Head Rohit Thakur To Join Accenture
Rohit Thakur, the head of human resource at Microsoft India resigns to join Accenture (India) as the head. He is moving to join Accenture after a stint of four-and-a-half years in Microsoft, according to an ET Report.
Microsoft confirmed Thakur’s resignation, as per the report. “As he (Thakur) moves on, we wish him the very best for his future endeavours and thank him for his contribution to Microsoft,” the company said in an email response to ET.
Thakur is expected to join Accenture in the first week of February. He joined Microsoft in September 2012 and was responsible for leading HR priorities and developing HR initiatives that support Microsoft’s businesses across India.
In this role, his focus included aligning the organization’s HR strategy with business objectives, building a culturally aligned and diverse organization, talent development and management, and implementing effective HR policies and systems across the company’s 6,000 strong employee base in India.
Before joining Microsoft, Thakur spent about 11 years at GE in various roles across multiple businesses. He has worked with FMCG and technology companies including Eicher Goodearth (tractors division), Bausch and Lomb India, and Cadence Design Systems, among others.
Thakur enjoys playing sports, especially tennis, table tennis, and badminton.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- Microsoft, Amazon, India’s Top Employers: Randstad
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry