Microsoft Offers Peek Of Windows Server 2003 R2
Microsoft has released a preview of its Windows Server 2003 R2, an update release of the Windows Server 2003 operating system that according to the company makes it easier and more cost effective to extend connectivity and control of identity management for internal and external collaboration.
Among its key features is the Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), which provides Web-based extranet authentication / authorization, single sign-on (SSO), and federated identity services for Windows Server environments, which increases the value of existing Active Directory deployments to B2C extranet, intra-company (multi-forest) federation, and B2B internet federation scenarios.
The Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), an independent mode of Active Directory without infrastructure features, provides directory services for applications. Operating as a stand-alone data store or interacting with an Active Directory domain controller, ADAM’s flexibility enables administrators to tailor their directory services infrastructure to varying degrees of local control/autonomy or shared services.
ADAM provides a data store and services for accessing that data store, uses standard application programming interfaces (APIs) for accessing application data, and works with ADFS to provide a user store for extranet application authentication.
Furthermore, Windows Server 2003 R2 features federated Windows SharePoint Services, which extends SharePoint collaboration to business partners and customers. The update also offers Windows and Unix integration, which helps to establish uninterrupted user access and efficient management of network resources across operating systems.
The preview release can be downloaded from here.
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- Is 3-D Drawing Going To Kill Microsoft Paint?
- BlackBerry’s ‘Enterprise of Things’ To Enhance How We Work
- VMware To Deliver Horizon Cloud On Microsoft Azure
- Choosing The Right Domain Name: 7 Tips for SMBs
- What's Driving Microsoft Windows 10 Adoption?
- Increased Data Centers Usage To Spur Server Shipments: Report
- Microsoft Continues To Invest In Cyber Security
- Microsoft Banks On Windows To Revive PC Business