Microsoft releases Dynamics AX ‘6’ -ERP solution
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) recently revealed Microsoft Dynamics AX ‘6’, an ERP solution, which is expected to enable independent software vendors (ISVs) to bring solutions to market faster, and at the same time lower product life-cycle investments and expand market opportunity.
“Building on the proven strengths of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Microsoft Dynamics AX ‘6’ brings rich functionality, advanced architecture and the full power of the Microsoft stack to the business application developer,” commented Hal Howard, corporate vice president, Microsoft Dynamics ERP Research and Development.
The solution is a model-driven, layered architecture that accelerates software development, requiring less coding than building from scratch and easing maintenance and upgradability, informed the company. It features pre-built interoperability with the Microsoft application platform, including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Visual Studio 2010, and other Microsoft technologies like Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010.
“Many of the ISVs we are working with have their own end-to-end vertical solutions, often built on aging legacy platforms. The combination of the next-generation architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft’s partner programs creates a long-term sustainable business opportunity for these ISVs,” remarked Doug Kennedy, VP, Microsoft Dynamics Partners.
A community technical preview of the solution is planned for February, and general availability is planned for the third quarter of 2011.
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- 7 File Transfer Challenges of Healthcare IT Teams
- Cloud War Intensifies; Alibaba Taps Indian Enterprises
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella