Microsoft releases Dynamics AX ‘6’ -ERP solution
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) recently revealed Microsoft Dynamics AX ‘6’, an ERP solution, which is expected to enable independent software vendors (ISVs) to bring solutions to market faster, and at the same time lower product life-cycle investments and expand market opportunity.
“Building on the proven strengths of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Microsoft Dynamics AX ‘6’ brings rich functionality, advanced architecture and the full power of the Microsoft stack to the business application developer,” commented Hal Howard, corporate vice president, Microsoft Dynamics ERP Research and Development.
The solution is a model-driven, layered architecture that accelerates software development, requiring less coding than building from scratch and easing maintenance and upgradability, informed the company. It features pre-built interoperability with the Microsoft application platform, including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Visual Studio 2010, and other Microsoft technologies like Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010.
“Many of the ISVs we are working with have their own end-to-end vertical solutions, often built on aging legacy platforms. The combination of the next-generation architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft’s partner programs creates a long-term sustainable business opportunity for these ISVs,” remarked Doug Kennedy, VP, Microsoft Dynamics Partners.
A community technical preview of the solution is planned for February, and general availability is planned for the third quarter of 2011.
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- Zendesk Launches Integration with WhatsApp Business Solution
- Is Your Data Hackproof?
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- F-Secure's New Security Offering Blends Human Expertise And AI
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- Microsoft, Amazon, India’s Top Employers: Randstad