Microsoft SaaS Program For Web Companies
Microsoft has consolidated its efforts, helping Web hosting companies offer software-as-a-service (SaaS) into a new program tailored for offerings to independent software vendors (ISVs).
On the infrastructure side, the Microsoft SaaS Incubation Center includes a software bundle called the Microsoft Solution for Windows-based Hosting for Applications, as well as guidance and sample scripts to help service providers host SaaS offerings. Windows-based Hosting for Applications includes Windows Server, SQL Server, Microsoft Operations Manager and Microsoft Provisioning System.
“The Microsoft SaaS Incubation Center Program is set to debut today. The program provides both infrastructure and services that Web-hosting companies can offer to ISVs to help them turn their applications into SaaS offerings,” said Michael van Dijken, marketing manager, Microsoft communications division.
“On the services side, Microsoft will give hosting companies guidance on how to help ISVs deliver SaaS offerings from a business perspective, and help them provide business consulting and marketing for ISVs,” van Dijken said.
Microsoft has already signed up eight web hosting companies, four in the U.S. and four in U.K. and Europe. These include Opource, Affinity Internet, NaviSite, Wizmo, NTT Europe Online, 7global, Siennax and Visionapp GmbH.
In addition to the SaaS Incubation Center Program, the company also announced the second phase of its SaaS On-Ramp Program. This program offers discounted licensing for ISVs to help them become SaaS providers. It gives the ISVs the option of acquiring the discounted licenses, not only directly from Microsoft but also from hosting providers enrolled in the program.
The Microsoft SaaS On-Ramp is scheduled to run through in 2008.
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Digital Transformation A Myth Without Good Software Usability
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?