Microsoft selects Mach billing app for Windows phone 7
Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) has selected Mach’s Direct Billing Gateway (DBG) solution for Windows Phone 7 applications and content billing. Mach is a hub-based mobile communication solutions provider. The solution will enable Phone 7 users to buy content from Microsoft’s Windows phone marketplace with a 1-click service, placing the fee for the application on the user’s phone bill. Microsoft has already launched this service with Telstra (ASX:TLS) in Australia.
“Working with Mach better enables us to offer customers the benefits of a convenient and easy-to-use mobile operator billing option when purchasing their favorite content for Windows Phone 7,” remarked Todd Brix, senior director, Windows phone marketplace, Microsoft.
The DBG solution is expected to offer a more sophisticated and direct billing method by transferring the cost of the application download or in-app purchase directly to users’ phone bills.
“We see operator billing as a real driver towards the growth of mobile application transactions and we are confident that the elegance of the one-click billing experience will prove extremely popular with Windows Phone 7 users,” assured Charles Damen, VP, mobile content and applications, Mach.
According to Mach, the solution will enable the company maximize revenue assurance and conversion for its application partners. The solution is directly integrated to the billing systems of mobile network operators and delivers real-time authentication and authorization within the application, minimizing risk of revenue leakage or abandoned transactions.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive