Microsoft SQL Server 2012 to be launched in March
The company is not clear on the general availability of the product.
Microsoft’s SQL Server 2012 will officially be launched on March 7, as per the information shared on the virtual launch event registration page.
The software company is holding a virtual launch event for SQL Server 2012 on the said date, and will feature keynotes by Ted Kummert, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s Business Platform Division, who will discuss the company’s data evolution vision; and Quentin Clark, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft’s Database Systems Group, who will highlight the new features of SQL Server 2012.
However, the release date of the product was not yet made clear by Microsoft.
“This date will not mark a release, go-live, or general availability. Will you be able to download Express editions from the Microsoft web site, and other SKUs from MSDN or your volume licensing portal, shortly after that? Sure. The next day? Almost certainly not,” wrote Aaron Bertrand, a Microsoft MVP and a senior consultant at SQL Sentry Software in a blog.
Microsoft had already announced that SQL Server 2012 will be released in the first half of 2012. The SQL Server 2012 will be available in three versions viz. Standard, Business Intelligence and Enterprise.
With the release of SQL Server 2012, the licensing for computing power will be core-based. The Business Intelligence and Standard Editions will be available under the Server + Client Access License (CAL) model. With databases that use just a fraction of the compute power of a physical server, users can license individual database Virtual Machines.
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps