Microsoft To Set Up Cybersecurity Center In Delhi
Microsoft is setting up a cybersecurity center in New Delhi to arm governments and private agencies with all-round intelligence on cyber attacks within the country.
The center, probably will be at Connaught Place in close proximity to most government establishments, would target the spread of malware by monitoring the Internet traffic flowing through the country, Bhaskar Pramanik, chairman at Microsoft India, said in a ET report.
“Security is becoming a big conversation topic, especially when are talking about the cloud,” he added. The center is expected to be Microsoft’s biggest such setup at its headquarters in Redmond, Washington, it would be inaugurated sometime in October or November.
Globally Microsoft has seven such centers which have partnerships with international law enforcement agencies such as Interpol and Europol to fight cybercrime. The canaught place center will be an extended version of a small Gurgaon office which was launched of-lately June this year.
The center will provide necessary details about malware and attacks to the government on which they can take precautionary measures and actions, Pramanik said.
Earlier during Satya Nadella third visit in India he said “Microsoft is building technology around digital and virtual reality and how the tech major can help the country in its ‘Digital India’ initiative. ”
While in Delhi, Nadella also met telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and minister of state for finance Jayant Sinha
“We shared this idea with the government departments and they are all very excited about it,” he said, adding that the idea to base the center in central Delhi was to ensure that top officials from government departments in close vicinity can “see it for themselves.”
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations