Microsoft To Set Up Cybersecurity Center In Delhi
Microsoft is setting up a cybersecurity center in New Delhi to arm governments and private agencies with all-round intelligence on cyber attacks within the country.
The center, probably will be at Connaught Place in close proximity to most government establishments, would target the spread of malware by monitoring the Internet traffic flowing through the country, Bhaskar Pramanik, chairman at Microsoft India, said in a ET report.
“Security is becoming a big conversation topic, especially when are talking about the cloud,” he added. The center is expected to be Microsoft’s biggest such setup at its headquarters in Redmond, Washington, it would be inaugurated sometime in October or November.
Globally Microsoft has seven such centers which have partnerships with international law enforcement agencies such as Interpol and Europol to fight cybercrime. The canaught place center will be an extended version of a small Gurgaon office which was launched of-lately June this year.
The center will provide necessary details about malware and attacks to the government on which they can take precautionary measures and actions, Pramanik said.
Earlier during Satya Nadella third visit in India he said “Microsoft is building technology around digital and virtual reality and how the tech major can help the country in its ‘Digital India’ initiative. ”
While in Delhi, Nadella also met telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and minister of state for finance Jayant Sinha
“We shared this idea with the government departments and they are all very excited about it,” he said, adding that the idea to base the center in central Delhi was to ensure that top officials from government departments in close vicinity can “see it for themselves.”
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- CISOs, Beware Of Crime-as-a-Service, IoT Threats In 2018
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies