Microsoft Unveils Unified Communications Platform
Microsoft has announced a unified communications platform - mail, instant messaging, mobile and VoIP telephony, audio, video, and web conferencing.
According to Microsoft, this new unified software would put people in the centre of communications through a single identity and integrate communications into everyday work processes including Microsoft Office and other third party applications.
The solution would provide an always connected and mobile environment that would enhance productivity of individuals, teams and organizations. The company added that the unified people centric communications product would be part of Microsoft Office 2007 products thereby offering seamless and integrated communication capabilities for businesses.
Microsoft has announced that apart from the existing partners, new business alliances have been formed with HP, Motorola and Siemens that would deliver its vision of a unified communication environment. According to this arrangement, HP would provide hardware system integration services based on Microsoft’s unified communications platform. Motorola said that it would deliver network hardware based on Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and office communicator mobile. Also, Siemens would integrate telephony, audio, video, web conferencing, instant messaging and e-mail into a unified communications platform.
According to Microsoft, its Exchange Server 2007 is scheduled for release during late 2006 or early 2007 while Microsoft Speech Server 2007 would be available in late 2006. Communication Server 2007, Communicator 2007, Communicator phone experience, Live meeting, Round Table and the IP-enabled business desktop phones featuring Communicator phone experience is scheduled to be available in the second quarter of 2007.
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- F-Secure's New Security Offering Blends Human Expertise And AI
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- AI, Voice To Disrupt Travel Market
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?