Microsoft's New Website to Help Control Costs
To help organisations streamline operational costs, Microsoft India has launched a web site titled www.controlcosts.com. The website provides information and guidance on solutions to solve business dilemmas faced by organizations from containing costs to enhancing efficiency to energy consumption, the company said.
The global economic meltdown has forced companies across the globe and in India to look for ways to cut costs and reduce risks as they confront issues like tighter credit, reduced business activity, and slower consumer spending, while maintaining business agility. We believe that technology provides powerful tools that can help companies reduce costs by enabling them to operate with greater efficiency and effectiveness, automate processes, and to do more with fewer resources," said Rajan Anandan, MD, Microsoft India.
Citing two instances, Microsoft India said using its CRM solution, Liliput Retail has been able to increase efficiencies of its warehouses by 60 percent and also maintain a healthy turnover rate. Similarly, Lavassa Corporation has reduced response time to customer queries from one day to immediate action and has saved 20 percent in payroll by streamlining the sales operation with CRM solutions from Microsoft.
"Strategic and innovative use of technology can deliver huge Return on Investment in the short term and further, create conditions for more rapid growth when the economic climate improves," added Anandan.
With controlcosts.com, Microsoft aims to provide one stop tool for CFOs, CIOs and CXOs to learn how to identify high-cost operations and streamline costs by leveraging technology solutions such as virtualization, unified communications, customer relationship management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence and hosted services.
Microsoft’s controlcosts website also hosts industry reports and whitepapers on the above-mentioned solutions, along with case studies of how organisations in India have used the solutions to achieve significant cost reduction and streamlined business processes.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste