Mindtech Helps New Delhi Municipal Corp With Smart Parking System
Mindteck, a technology company announced that it has implemented a smart parking pilot project at Connaught Place, C Block, New Delhi, for New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC).
This innovative car occupancy detection solution uses both Wi-Fi camera with edge-based video analytics and battery-operated wireless sensors to capture car parking occupancy details, along with a date and time stamp. The sensors, which have multi-year battery life, were tested for Delhi’s extreme weather conditions.
The aggregated real-time parking availability information effortlessly integrates with any government-run and third party parking aggregator service via the Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Service providers can also run analytics on real-time parking data for detecting any revenue leakages and implementing dynamic pricing models.
The solution includes a Smart Parking Mobile App that enables motorists to navigate and zero in on the nearest parking in real-time, resulting in reduced fuel consumption and carbon footprint.
“Connaught Place, as one of the most congested areas in Delhi, urgently needed a smart parking solution. Implementing this solution on a larger scale can help decongest and regularise unauthorised parking. Also, the provision for using video analytics serves as an added security feature,” commented Chanchal Yadav, IAS, Secretary – NDMC.
“We are very excited to have implemented India’s first smart parking solution pilot project using Wi-Fi cameras with an embedded video analytics server for parking detection. We are certain that this modernized parking solution will provide NDMC the much-needed, one-stop-solution to the city’s growing parking woes,” said Yusuf Lanewala, Chairman and Managing Director, Mindteck.
NDMC is deliberating scaling up the Smart Parking solution in the entire Connaught Place area, in order to regulate ever-increasing parking demand and efficiently manage the parking lots.
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know
- NDMC Partners With Indus Tower To Install 55 Smart Poles
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- Shaping The Future Of Education Through Technology
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- Smart City Projects Will See Greater Tech Investments This Year
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- Why Not Work With A Bot In Future?
- When Hackers Are Smart, Businesses Should Get Smarter
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead