MindTree Launches NiMo Mobile Business
MindTree Ltd., a global IT solutions company which recently acquired Kyocera Wireless India (KWI), announced that it has entered the business of developing ready-to-brand mobile handset products.
Called N!Mo (Next in Mobility), the new business will offer feature-rich, white-labeled mobile handsets to telecom service providers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), a company release said .
NiMo will be headed by Samartha Raghava Nagabhushanam as president & CEO and will be a part of MindTree s product engineering services group. It will address the complete product lifecycle - from concept through delivery, leading to ready-to-brand (R2B) products for its customers.
"N!Mo adds to our strong leadership position of delivering intellectual properties (IPs) and design services, by offering ready-to-brand products in wireless technologies to our customers. This will enable higher value creation through non-linear business models," Janakiraman S, president & group-CEO, product engineering services, MindTree, said in a statement.
According to Ashok Soota, executive chairman, MindTree, MindTree s entry into the mobile products business is a natural step forward in its product engineering services journey. "N!Mo will become MindTree s seventh engine of growth and will play an important role in achieving our stated vision of $1 billion in revenues by 2014," he said
The Kyocera team has delivered 45 million wireless phones and has extensive experience in 4G technologies such as WiMax and Long Term Evolution (LTE). N!Mo will leverage wireless expertise, along with MindTree s chip-to-cloud product engineering expertise.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience