MindTree Recasts Business Model
To position the company better in today’s turbulent scenario, MindTree (MINDTREE) plans to restructure its business model into independent entities.
Currently, the company has two business units: IT Services and R&D, contributing 79% and 21%, respectively, to its revenues.
The proposed restructuring envisages following units: IT Services; Product Engineering Services - including R & D and testing; Infrastructure Management and Technical Support (IMTS); and Knowledge Services (a new area).
The new business strategy will enable MindTree to compete with both larger and smaller niche players, a company source said. The new business units will be effective from April 1, 2009.
Post-restructuring, there will be a Group CEO to whom all the other CEOs will report.
- CIO Klub Plans Regional, Global Expansion: Umesh Mehta
- Fynd Uses Technology To Raise Its Style Quotient
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years