Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, said the three key technologies that will bring about a massive shift in the coming years are mixed reality, artificial intelligence, and quantum computing. At a recent event in New Delhi, Nadella spoke about his book ‘Hit Refresh’, with former Indian Cricketer Anil Kumble. Nadella talked about his family, cricket and the new age technology which has the potential to transform organizations and the society we live in.
“Microsoft’s CEO tells the inside story of the company’s continuing transformation, tracing his own personal journey from a childhood in India to leading some of the most significant technological changes in the digital era,” according to a company blogpost.
“Ideas excite me,” Nadella explains. “Empathy grounds and centers me.”
“The currency of our times will be the ability to collect data but, more importantly, to reason over it to create intelligence,” PTI quoted Nadella as saying. He said AI will “shape the years and decades to come”.
HoloLens is a holographic computer that allows users to interact with digital content to get an enhanced experience.
Kumble, recollecting his own experice, said that he tried the HoloLens and “walked on Mars and it felt great”.
Teleportation’ is just Star Trek anymore, Nadella said.
“If you take Microsoft 43 years into our existence and I look at it every five years, we have had some new existential threat,” he said. While there are people who said that some companies would ‘kill’ Microsoft, it hasn’t happened as the company “must be doing something right to stay relevant, to continue to question the status quo,” he asserted. “But it’s hard not easy,” Nadella said.
“Satya has charted a course for making the most of the opportunities created by technology while also facing up to the hard questions,” Bill Gates from the Foreword to Hit Refresh.
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- DevSecOps, A Key Focus Of CA Technologies
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Nov 6-11)
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- Cisco Brings AI-Based Voice Assistant For The Enterprise
- Tackling Cybersecurity In The Digital Age
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 30-Nov 3)