Mobile Security Company Enters Indian Market
UK-based UMU Global has announced its foray in the Indian market. UMU provides security products and solutions for mobile phone users.
UK based UMU global Joined hands with Pune, India based Connect Infotech to introduce UMU mobile security products to Indian smartphone users. As an introductory offer a 6 month license of UMU scan mobile antivirus is available for just Rs. 349
To aid its India venture, it has tied up with Connect Infotech in an exclusive strategic partnership to offer UMU Mobile security products to dealers, resellers and retailers in india.
The UMU Mobile Security products include UMU Scan (an on-device application) - Mobile Antivirus, UMU SpamSafe - Mobile Antispam, and UMU StopThief - Mobile Antitheft applications designed specifically for Symbian Series 60 and Windows Mobile Smartphones
"The growing number of smart phones being used brings with it increased risks. Stolen handsets contain information, which can be of use to the thief. Malware is on the rise and we are now experiencing some major outbreaks on mobile handsets, with large numbers of devices in the Middle East, Southern Europe and South East Asia reported to be currently infected with the HatiHati virus," said Peter Harrison, CTO of UMU. "Similarly it is expected that SMS spam will be a growing problem in Iindia over the next few years."
- We Are Growing Twice As Fast As The Market: F-Secure CEO
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Is It Time To Say 'Goodbye' To Passwords?
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens