Mobile Security Company Enters Indian Market
UK-based UMU Global has announced its foray in the Indian market. UMU provides security products and solutions for mobile phone users.
UK based UMU global Joined hands with Pune, India based Connect Infotech to introduce UMU mobile security products to Indian smartphone users. As an introductory offer a 6 month license of UMU scan mobile antivirus is available for just Rs. 349
To aid its India venture, it has tied up with Connect Infotech in an exclusive strategic partnership to offer UMU Mobile security products to dealers, resellers and retailers in india.
The UMU Mobile Security products include UMU Scan (an on-device application) - Mobile Antivirus, UMU SpamSafe - Mobile Antispam, and UMU StopThief - Mobile Antitheft applications designed specifically for Symbian Series 60 and Windows Mobile Smartphones
"The growing number of smart phones being used brings with it increased risks. Stolen handsets contain information, which can be of use to the thief. Malware is on the rise and we are now experiencing some major outbreaks on mobile handsets, with large numbers of devices in the Middle East, Southern Europe and South East Asia reported to be currently infected with the HatiHati virus," said Peter Harrison, CTO of UMU. "Similarly it is expected that SMS spam will be a growing problem in Iindia over the next few years."
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- eSIM And Soft SIM: A New Era For The Mobile Ecosystem?
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Myntra Acquires Smart Wearables Firm Witworks
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- Why AI Could Be Cybersecurity’s Next Big Thing
- Why IoT Benefits Will Outweigh Its Challenges
- Why IoT Security Needs A Rethink
- Facebook CEO Explains How They Will Fix Data Privacy Issues
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India