Mobiles, PCs to drive semiconductor consumption in India
The India semiconductor revenue is projected to total $9.2 billion in 2012, a 20 percent increase from 2011, according to Gartner.
Mobile phones, PCs and LCD TVs will account for nearly three-fourths of India’s semiconductor consumption in 2012, according to research firm Gartner.
The analyst firm said that mobile phone unit production is expected to grow 21 percent, with semiconductor revenue for mobile phones totaling $4.8 billion in 2012.
PC unit production in 2012 is projected to increase seven percent, and semiconductor revenue from PCs will reach $1.8 billion. LCD TV unit production in 2012 is projected to increase 47 percent, and semiconductor revenue from LCD TV will reach $312 million in 2012, as per the findings.
“The improving consumer sentiment on the back of strong domestic economic growth and rising disposable income should prove 2012 a strong year for semiconductor consumption in India,” said Ganesh Ramamoorthy, Research Director at Gartner.
Gartner revealed that the India semiconductor revenue is projected to total $9.2 billion in 2012, a 20 percent increase from 2011, with India emerging as the fastest growing market in terms of semiconductor consumption for 2012.
“Semiconductor consumption in India is being driven from the changing demographics, increasing consumer affluence, economic growth and favorable government policy,” said Ramamoorthy.
He added that the expansion of production facilities by global electronic equipment manufacturing companies in India will also be a driver for semiconductor consumption.
Nokia’s recent announcement to move its mobile phone production facilities to Asia/Pacific is one such example.
Globally, the semiconductor spending is expected to reach $316 billion in 2012, a four percent increase from 2011, with mobile phones, media tablets, PCs, servers, LCD TVs, solid state drives and set-top boxes accounting for nearly 50 percent of the total semiconductor consumption during 2012.
- Automating IT Services To Drive Digital Transformation
- CIOs Can Majorly Gain From Edge Data Centers
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- Myntra Acquires Smart Wearables Firm Witworks
- Why IoT Security Needs A Rethink