Motorola Plans 4G Trial Services by Year-end
US telecom operator Motorola intends to start trial services of 4G, also called Long-Term Evolution (LTE), by the end of this year. Motorola India is expected to soon approach the Department of Telecom (DoT) for trial spectrum, a company official said.
The company has already tested the new next-generation technology, which can offer 70 MB per second (Mbps) download speeds on a mobile phone.
However, with the auction of 3G spectrum later this year, this development could queer the pitch for the government which plans to rake in about Rs 35,000 crore from the auction.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Most Organizations Not Doing 'People Strategies' Right
- Robotics Jobs Are Seeing A Whopping Rise In India