Motorola Plans 4G Trial Services by Year-end
US telecom operator Motorola intends to start trial services of 4G, also called Long-Term Evolution (LTE), by the end of this year. Motorola India is expected to soon approach the Department of Telecom (DoT) for trial spectrum, a company official said.
The company has already tested the new next-generation technology, which can offer 70 MB per second (Mbps) download speeds on a mobile phone.
However, with the auction of 3G spectrum later this year, this development could queer the pitch for the government which plans to rake in about Rs 35,000 crore from the auction.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study