Motorola Plans 4G Trial Services by Year-end
US telecom operator Motorola intends to start trial services of 4G, also called Long-Term Evolution (LTE), by the end of this year. Motorola India is expected to soon approach the Department of Telecom (DoT) for trial spectrum, a company official said.
The company has already tested the new next-generation technology, which can offer 70 MB per second (Mbps) download speeds on a mobile phone.
However, with the auction of 3G spectrum later this year, this development could queer the pitch for the government which plans to rake in about Rs 35,000 crore from the auction.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023