Motorola Plans 4G Trial Services by Year-end
US telecom operator Motorola intends to start trial services of 4G, also called Long-Term Evolution (LTE), by the end of this year. Motorola India is expected to soon approach the Department of Telecom (DoT) for trial spectrum, a company official said.
The company has already tested the new next-generation technology, which can offer 70 MB per second (Mbps) download speeds on a mobile phone.
However, with the auction of 3G spectrum later this year, this development could queer the pitch for the government which plans to rake in about Rs 35,000 crore from the auction.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- India Inc's Progress on Gender Diversity: Good, Bad or Ugly?