Motorola to Acquire AirDefense
Motorola has signed an agreement to acquire privately held AirDefense, provider of wireless LAN (WLAN) security.
However, the terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Upon completion of the transaction, AirDefense will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Motorola, and will be integrated into Motorola’s enterprise mobility business.
Kathy Paladino, president (enterprise mobility business) of Motorola said, “This deal will enable Motorola to deliver a common platform solution for indoor and outdoor protection to wireless LAN networks.”
Motorola wants to maintain AirDefense’s Alpharetta, Georgia headquarters. The acquisition is expected to close in the next few months.
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Insurance Protection For An Autonomous World
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report