Motorola's R&D Facility
Telecom major, Motorola Inc, launched its new research and development center at the Hitec City in Hyderabad.
The new technology center will house over 1,000 engineers undertaking pioneering work in the field of innovation in telecommunications and mobile applications. The facility will support research and development of cutting-edge software.
The new building to house the Motorola Software Group (MSG), was inaugurated by Andhra Pradesh CM, Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy in the presence of Edward J. Zander, chairman &CEO, and Padmasree Warrior, executive VP & CTO, Motorola Inc.
“Today’s announcement of the new R&D facility for MSG is yet another testimony of our commitment to, and confidence in India. Software is a major driver of technology and our Hyderabad facility’s focus on software engineering addresses a key aspect of our global operations,” Zander said.
“It will play a strong role in strengthening our position to leverage India’s intrinsic advantages: excellent IT skills, scientific talent and competent, mature workforce,” he added.
Motorola set up its first R&D facility in Bangalore in 1991 and since then it has had a fast-growing R&D presence in the country.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- Mission Critical Workloads Require Specialized Cloud: Study
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Cloud Momentum Consistently Up Across Financial Biz Apps