Motorola's R&D Facility
Telecom major, Motorola Inc, launched its new research and development center at the Hitec City in Hyderabad.
The new technology center will house over 1,000 engineers undertaking pioneering work in the field of innovation in telecommunications and mobile applications. The facility will support research and development of cutting-edge software.
The new building to house the Motorola Software Group (MSG), was inaugurated by Andhra Pradesh CM, Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy in the presence of Edward J. Zander, chairman &CEO, and Padmasree Warrior, executive VP & CTO, Motorola Inc.
“Today’s announcement of the new R&D facility for MSG is yet another testimony of our commitment to, and confidence in India. Software is a major driver of technology and our Hyderabad facility’s focus on software engineering addresses a key aspect of our global operations,” Zander said.
“It will play a strong role in strengthening our position to leverage India’s intrinsic advantages: excellent IT skills, scientific talent and competent, mature workforce,” he added.
Motorola set up its first R&D facility in Bangalore in 1991 and since then it has had a fast-growing R&D presence in the country.
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- Three Major Digital Transformation Challenges