MphasiS Appoints Rajeev Sawhney to Lead Strategic Business
Bangalore-based Mphasis has appointed a senior Rajeev Sawhney as the President for Strategic Business.
A former HCL Technologies senior executive heading the company’s Europe operations, Sawhney will report to MphasiS CEO, Ganesh Ayyar. His mandate will be to help Mphasis grow its so-called ‘direct business’ or business from non-HP channel clients. HP is the company’s parent and largest client. The direct business accounts for 60% of the company’s revenue.
According to experts, Mphasis joins the league of many mid-cap IT services firms like Mindtree, iGate, NIIT Technologies and Collabera that have recently poached senior executives from larger rivals including Infosys, Cognizant and HCL Technologies.
Last month, Mindtree hired Ramesh Pillai from HCL Technologies to lead its hi-tech vertical. Earlier it hired Paul Gottsegen from Infosys to lead its marketing and strategy. Similarly, iGate had hired Infosys’ Ashok Vemuri as CEO, while NIIT Technologies got Infosys’ senior vice president Sudhir Chaturvedi as its COO.
I am thrilled that Rajeev Sawhney, a seasoned player, has joined the Leadership and that too when he had multiple choices. I always welcome leaders who resonate with our vision and strategy. I am positive that Rajeev will lift the game for the entire Leadership Team of MphasiS,” said Ganesh Ayyar, Chief Executive Officer, MphasiS.
“Successful track record means nothing in the context of future. When I was choosing my new innings, it was important for me to be a part of a culturally vibrant team. I already feel part of the MphasiS Leadership Team. I am keen to collaborate with them to lift the game for MphasiS,” said Sawhney.
Sawhney holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Post Graduate diploma in HR from University of Delhi. He studied strategic management at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta; Corporate Finance at the London Business School and completed a Leadership Program at Eastern Illinois University, USA.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?