MphasiS Appoints Rajeev Sawhney to Lead Strategic Business
Bangalore-based Mphasis has appointed a senior Rajeev Sawhney as the President for Strategic Business.
A former HCL Technologies senior executive heading the company’s Europe operations, Sawhney will report to MphasiS CEO, Ganesh Ayyar. His mandate will be to help Mphasis grow its so-called ‘direct business’ or business from non-HP channel clients. HP is the company’s parent and largest client. The direct business accounts for 60% of the company’s revenue.
According to experts, Mphasis joins the league of many mid-cap IT services firms like Mindtree, iGate, NIIT Technologies and Collabera that have recently poached senior executives from larger rivals including Infosys, Cognizant and HCL Technologies.
Last month, Mindtree hired Ramesh Pillai from HCL Technologies to lead its hi-tech vertical. Earlier it hired Paul Gottsegen from Infosys to lead its marketing and strategy. Similarly, iGate had hired Infosys’ Ashok Vemuri as CEO, while NIIT Technologies got Infosys’ senior vice president Sudhir Chaturvedi as its COO.
I am thrilled that Rajeev Sawhney, a seasoned player, has joined the Leadership and that too when he had multiple choices. I always welcome leaders who resonate with our vision and strategy. I am positive that Rajeev will lift the game for the entire Leadership Team of MphasiS,” said Ganesh Ayyar, Chief Executive Officer, MphasiS.
“Successful track record means nothing in the context of future. When I was choosing my new innings, it was important for me to be a part of a culturally vibrant team. I already feel part of the MphasiS Leadership Team. I am keen to collaborate with them to lift the game for MphasiS,” said Sawhney.
Sawhney holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree and a Post Graduate diploma in HR from University of Delhi. He studied strategic management at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta; Corporate Finance at the London Business School and completed a Leadership Program at Eastern Illinois University, USA.
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- How Automation, Disruptors Hit Traditional Law Firms
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO