Mphasis' Ganesh Murthy Joins Dell As CFO
Dell today announced that Ganesh Murthy has joined the company as vice president and chief financial officer of Dell Services. He will report to Thomas Sweet, senior vice president and chief financial officer of Dell, and will support the Dell Services business and Suresh Vaswani, president of Dell Services. He will be based in the Bangalore office.
Ganesh joins Dell from Mphasis Limited, a subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard (HP), where he worked for five years serving as executive vice president and CFO. Previous to Mphasis he was the finance director for HP GlobalSoft Limited in Bangalore. In Mphasis he successfully led the acquisition and integration of four M&A targets and was awarded the CFO100 Roll of Honour in Winning Edge in Cost Management by the CFO Institute.
Ganesh has also held leading finance positions at Texas Instruments and Thomson Multimedia. He is an accomplished speaker, and is part of the Executive Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce and Confederation of Indian Industry Southern Region.
“Ganesh’s deep business and finance acumen, impressive track record of financial leadership and strong services background make him a great fit for his new role with Dell Services,” said Suresh Vaswani, president, Dell Services.
“Ganesh will help us execute our long-term strategy of innovating and driving value for our customers and the transformation of our business with disciplined cost management. Dell Services has a strong leadership presence in India and the addition of Ganesh to the team demonstrates the growing importance of this region to our Services business.”
“I’m thrilled to join Dell and look forward to working closely with Suresh and the Dell leadership team,” said Mr. Murthy. “Dell has begun a new chapter as a private company. That, along with the tremendous market potential that Dell Services offers, makes this a very exciting opportunity.”
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Can Nandan Nilekani Bring Infosys Back On Track?
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 14-18)
- Infosys’ Blunder: Throwing Baby With The Bathwater
- Infosys Blames Mr. Murthy For Vishal Sikka’s Resignation
- Dell Veteran Sameer Garde Joins Cisco As President