MphasiS ITO to Increase India Focus
After nine years of existence, the ITO division of MphasiS is now turning its attention to the domestic market, where it will compete with IT biggies - HCL and Infosys
With considerable success in the Americas and Europe, the company will now turn its focus on the domestic market. PA Krishnan, president (ITO) of MphasiS said that India would be one of the focus areas for the company in the coming years, along with Japan and South Korea. "We have not yet developed a footprint in India. Having said that, we have aggressive plans to tap the Indian market too in the near future, as we continue with our focus on international markets" he said.
The reason for this late change of heart was explained by Krishnan. "We were doing pretty well in other geographies. The dollar-rupee exchange was also an added incentive. Moreover, the Indian market is yet to mature when it comes to ITO, though the potential is still there," he said.
MphasiS’s ITO division currently operates six centers across the country. They are also looking at opening more centers in Tier II cities like Mangalore, Jaipur, Bhopal, etc.
The company had faced some negative publicity last December, when there was news that it would be implementing salary cuts for its employees. Asked whether the company would invest in workforce and infrastructure to fuel their growth plans this year, Krishnan said the infrastructure was more or less in place, however, he did not give a clear indication about the company’s hiring plans.
Companies in the telecom, BFSI, and manufacturing sectors have shown an interest in availing of MphasiS’ ITO services, Krishnan said.
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- Indian Firms Need To Improve Their IT Security Posture: Gartner
- A Look At The Indian Data Center Market In 2017
- Why Is Cloud Computing The Most Disruptive Force
- Solix Gearing Up For A Data-Driven Future In India
- Outsourcing: Key To Efficient Business Outcomes
- Information & Storage Management Outsourcing Is The Future In India
- How NTT Data Gets Smarter With Server Virtualization
- 3 Cloud Computing Mantras For Every CIO