MSTD to deploy analytics solutions to save tax evasion
Maharashtra Sales Tax Department (MSTD) has partnered with SAS, leading business analytics software and services provider, to identify and minimize revenue losses through tax evasion. According to sources, MSTD contributes to nearly two-thirds of the total revenue of the State Government and has a workforce of 11,000 professionals.
With the implementation of SAS analytics solutions, MSTD believes it will leverage data-driven decision making in devising policies to optimize tax collection through universal coverage of all eligible tax payers. SAS with the help of its business intelligence solutions will enable decision support and resource optimisation across various divisions of MSTD. Once the department has successfully implemented analytics solutions, it hopes to curb practices of evasion and suppression activities carried out by fraudulent dealers.
“I hope the cutting edge tools of data mining and data analysis from SAS would surely help department to curb the revenue leakages and enhance the state revenue,” said Vinay Kargaonkar, Special Inspector General of Police (Vigilance) Maharashtra Sales Tax.
Sudipta K. Sen, Regional Director – South East Asia, CEO & Managing Director - SAS Institute (India) informed that globally and in India, SAS has empowered several government institutions in increasing efficiencies and enhancing public service. “I am confident that our analytics solutions will help Maharashtra Sales Tax Department to achieve their desired objectives and minimize revenue losses,” he said.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- CIO's Five-Point RPA Planning Success Formula
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season
- Digital Transformation Lessons For Supply Chain Leaders
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks