MSTD to deploy analytics solutions to save tax evasion
Maharashtra Sales Tax Department (MSTD) has partnered with SAS, leading business analytics software and services provider, to identify and minimize revenue losses through tax evasion. According to sources, MSTD contributes to nearly two-thirds of the total revenue of the State Government and has a workforce of 11,000 professionals.
With the implementation of SAS analytics solutions, MSTD believes it will leverage data-driven decision making in devising policies to optimize tax collection through universal coverage of all eligible tax payers. SAS with the help of its business intelligence solutions will enable decision support and resource optimisation across various divisions of MSTD. Once the department has successfully implemented analytics solutions, it hopes to curb practices of evasion and suppression activities carried out by fraudulent dealers.
“I hope the cutting edge tools of data mining and data analysis from SAS would surely help department to curb the revenue leakages and enhance the state revenue,” said Vinay Kargaonkar, Special Inspector General of Police (Vigilance) Maharashtra Sales Tax.
Sudipta K. Sen, Regional Director – South East Asia, CEO & Managing Director - SAS Institute (India) informed that globally and in India, SAS has empowered several government institutions in increasing efficiencies and enhancing public service. “I am confident that our analytics solutions will help Maharashtra Sales Tax Department to achieve their desired objectives and minimize revenue losses,” he said.
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Domain Extensions Can Make A Difference To Your Business