MSTD to deploy analytics solutions to save tax evasion
Maharashtra Sales Tax Department (MSTD) has partnered with SAS, leading business analytics software and services provider, to identify and minimize revenue losses through tax evasion. According to sources, MSTD contributes to nearly two-thirds of the total revenue of the State Government and has a workforce of 11,000 professionals.
With the implementation of SAS analytics solutions, MSTD believes it will leverage data-driven decision making in devising policies to optimize tax collection through universal coverage of all eligible tax payers. SAS with the help of its business intelligence solutions will enable decision support and resource optimisation across various divisions of MSTD. Once the department has successfully implemented analytics solutions, it hopes to curb practices of evasion and suppression activities carried out by fraudulent dealers.
“I hope the cutting edge tools of data mining and data analysis from SAS would surely help department to curb the revenue leakages and enhance the state revenue,” said Vinay Kargaonkar, Special Inspector General of Police (Vigilance) Maharashtra Sales Tax.
Sudipta K. Sen, Regional Director – South East Asia, CEO & Managing Director - SAS Institute (India) informed that globally and in India, SAS has empowered several government institutions in increasing efficiencies and enhancing public service. “I am confident that our analytics solutions will help Maharashtra Sales Tax Department to achieve their desired objectives and minimize revenue losses,” he said.
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem