MTS appoints COOs for Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra
In order to strengthen its recently adopted regional operating structure, MTS, the telecom service brand of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) has announced the appointments of two chief operating officers for its Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra Circles.
To manage the Tamil Nadu sector, MTS has appointed Sridhar.T as the COO, and for Maharasthra circle it is Sandeep Marwaha. Both have more than five years of experience in the telecom sector. The two new COOs will report to Cheenu Seshadri, Chief Operating Officer, South & West Regions- MTS India. According to Seshadri, this strategy to have region specific operating structure was put in place in May this year so that MTS can expand its voice and data services across the country, and enable a faster decision making process to better capture customers.
Sridhar was with Videocon earlier, as National Business Head, where he was responsible for managing the mobile terminal business across the country. On his appointment Seshadri said, “His leadership will reinforce the process of driving our data centric-voice enabled strategy within the circle and further strengthen our Tamil Nadu team.” Sridhar is a graduate in English from Madras University, Chennai and is an MBA from Universitas 21 Global, Singapore.
Meanwhile, Marwaha comes to MTS from Vodafone Essar Ltd, where he was the Vice President for Punjab and Himachal Pradesh circles. He was responsible for the sales and marketing operations. At MTS he will be responsible for driving the company’s growth in Maharasthra. Marwaha is an engineering graduate from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh and is an MBA from Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- What It Takes To Manage Technical Workforce Supply Chain
- CIO Can Wear Multiple Hats To Stay Relevant
- How Businesses Can Drive Digital Transformation
- Leadership Role No Longer Gender Specific
- Targeted Attacks On Critical Infrastructure On The Rise
- Facebook's Express Wi-Fi Is Now Live In India
- RIL Partners With GE To Offer Digital Solutions For Industries