MTS Extends Telephony Network Across Kerala
MTS, the telephony brand of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL), mobile telephony services will now be available across all the 14 districts of Kerala, covering 425 towns.
SSTL, which is a joint venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India, announced the completion of Phase One of MTS India s network roll-out in Kerala in less than four months of its operations in the state.
Commenting on the achievement, Srinirao Saripalli, chief operating officer, Kerala & Tamil Nadu, SSTL, attributed MTS rapid expansion to its commitment to provide superior coverage and quality of service. "MTS continues to achieve incremental growth in its subscriber-base and coverage in Kerala by offering value-for-money tariff plans, quality service and investing significantly in network expansion," he said.
With all the 681 cell sites of Kerala integrated, MTS services will now be available to a population of 53%, and over 45% of the geography of Kerala.
MTS forayed into the Indian telecom space with the launch of services in Rajasthan, followed by Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Kolkata, West Bengal and Bihar in quick succession. MTS now serves over 1.35 million customers across the country.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business