MTS Extends Telephony Network Across Kerala
MTS, the telephony brand of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL), mobile telephony services will now be available across all the 14 districts of Kerala, covering 425 towns.
SSTL, which is a joint venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India, announced the completion of Phase One of MTS India s network roll-out in Kerala in less than four months of its operations in the state.
Commenting on the achievement, Srinirao Saripalli, chief operating officer, Kerala & Tamil Nadu, SSTL, attributed MTS rapid expansion to its commitment to provide superior coverage and quality of service. "MTS continues to achieve incremental growth in its subscriber-base and coverage in Kerala by offering value-for-money tariff plans, quality service and investing significantly in network expansion," he said.
With all the 681 cell sites of Kerala integrated, MTS services will now be available to a population of 53%, and over 45% of the geography of Kerala.
MTS forayed into the Indian telecom space with the launch of services in Rajasthan, followed by Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Kolkata, West Bengal and Bihar in quick succession. MTS now serves over 1.35 million customers across the country.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India