MTS Extends Telephony Network Across Kerala
MTS, the telephony brand of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL), mobile telephony services will now be available across all the 14 districts of Kerala, covering 425 towns.
SSTL, which is a joint venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India, announced the completion of Phase One of MTS India s network roll-out in Kerala in less than four months of its operations in the state.
Commenting on the achievement, Srinirao Saripalli, chief operating officer, Kerala & Tamil Nadu, SSTL, attributed MTS rapid expansion to its commitment to provide superior coverage and quality of service. "MTS continues to achieve incremental growth in its subscriber-base and coverage in Kerala by offering value-for-money tariff plans, quality service and investing significantly in network expansion," he said.
With all the 681 cell sites of Kerala integrated, MTS services will now be available to a population of 53%, and over 45% of the geography of Kerala.
MTS forayed into the Indian telecom space with the launch of services in Rajasthan, followed by Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Kolkata, West Bengal and Bihar in quick succession. MTS now serves over 1.35 million customers across the country.
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular