MTS Forays into Indian Mobile Telephony Market
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL), a joint venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India, has launched the globally renowned MTS brand in India with the commencement of its services in Tamil Nadu.
The MTS brand of Mobile TeleSystems of Russia is one of the Top 100 brands in the world and the 8th largest mobile operator in the world.
"The tie up with Sistema Shyam TeleServices will help MTS increase its brand value in the Indian telecom market," said Mikhail Gerchuk, vice president & chief commercial officer, MTS.
SSTL has licenses and spectrum to provide mobile telephony services on the CDMA platform in all 22 circles across the country, covering 28 states.
The existing services of SSTL in Rajasthan, under the brand ‘Rainbow’, will also be re-branded to MTS shortly. The company said it will offer connectivity at affordable prices to subscribers.
Speaking at the launch, Vsevolod Rozanov, president and CEO of SSTL, said: "The globally-recognized brand MTS, built on a superior technology platform and strong marketing programmes, will give a competitive advantage to Sistema Shyam TeleServices."
Alok Tandon, managing director Sistema Shyam TeleServices, added, "We intend to play an active role in the overall development of India’s telecom infrastructure as well as in providing world-class, superior and value-added services for our subscribers."
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Customer Experience Can Be A Strategic Brand Differentiator