MTS India Adopts Future-Ready 1X Advanced Tech
To offer uncompromising, seamless call connectivity, fewer call drops and, high speed data services, MTS India plans to adopt 1X Advanced technology. With this move MTS India would become the first CDMA2000 operator in the world to offer this future-ready technology. 1X Advanced is designed to utilize limited spectrum more efficiently, to be able to support a larger subscriber-base on it. This will help MTS to significantly increase its capacity to provide outstandingly clear voice quality to its growing subscriber base. Additionally 1X Advanced would also allow MTS India to offer high speed EV-DO based broadband data services in the future.
1X Advanced has been standardized by Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) in June 2009 and is expected to be commercially deployed in 2010. 1X Advanced uses the same spectrum and bandwidth as CDMA2000 1X, and significantly improves coverage and capacity with the same resources by employing cutting edge interference cancellation techniques as well as enhanced radio configurations. These improvements include base transceiver station (BTS) interference cancellation, enhanced power control, early frame termination, and smart blanking.
Currently MTS India offers CDMA mobile services in six telecom circles and is expected to cover another five circles by end of this year, including key business centers of Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- India Inc's Progress on Gender Diversity: Good, Bad or Ugly?