MTV Enhances Cross BRanding Initiatives
MTV Networks (MTVN) is outsourcing its services including solutions in digital content creation, media asset management, community networking and cross-brand programming.
It has chosen HCL Technologies for the project. The key benefits to MTVN from this engagement include platform standardization, reliability and business continuity during transition.
HCL will work with Viacom’s strategic and digital platform development team to drive cross-brand initiatives and develop best practices in operations and technology. The platforms include media player development, sites development, social networking platform development, games development, application and data platforms support and development. These platforms will be developed and supported by using open source technology, enabling faster time to market and reduced overall license fees.
The offshore development center for this engagement is based out of Chennai, India which will have a large team of experts dedicated to this partnership. User interface design would be supported from Noida in India, according to a statement.
HCL s expertise in the media space will be critical as we continue to enhance and improve the efficiency of our digital platform infrastructure, said Joe Simon, senior vice president and CIO of Viacom.
As the new economy continues to evolve, it will be the truly flexible and creative companies that succeed, said Vineet Nayar, CEO HCL Technologies. HCL has seen great success in the last several quarters due to our ability to create solutions for our customers that exceed their objectives, and bring in risk and reward sharing into the engagement for both parties. These transformational engagements will enable true value creation for all involved. We look forward to this partnership with MTVN and demonstrating value which HCL brings.
HCL has also committed a significant investment towards building a media center for MTV Networks which would be utilized by MTVN for mutually agreed upon media products development.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA