Mu Sigma Hires Dell India Head Ganesh Lakshminarayanan
Bangalore-based Big Data and analytics solutions provider Mu Sigma has hired Dell India president and managing director Ganesh Lakshminarayanan to lead its India operations. Lakshminarayanan was till recently heading the Asia Pacific and Japan Sales operations at Dell. He was also responsible for starting the India operations at Dell and was instrumental in accelerating its growth.
A management graduate from University of Michigan-Stephen M Ross School of Business, Lakshminarayanan has over 25 years of experience in the technology domain. In his new role, Lakshminarayanan will report to Mu Sigma founder Dhiraj Rajaram. He will also work with the leadership team, to add value to the India delivery function and help the company scale up globally.
“We must keep pace with the speed and scale of shift in the Big Data space,” said Rajaram, who has known Lakshminarayanan for a long time. “I am sure his (Lakshminarayanan) rich experience in scaling operations will significantly help Mu Sigma in its journey of growth.”
“Mu Sigma’s approach of combining data, business, technology and behavioral science to help companies solve business problems has always interested me,” said Lakshminarayanan in a statement. “I am thrilled to be part of this transformation and look forward to enabling the company to rise to even higher levels.”
There have been some more new appointments within the organization. Mu Sigma has also hired former Forrester Research executive Tom Pohlmann as head of values and strategy. “These senior hires are key to helping Mu Sigma continue on its path of fast growth,” said Rajaram. “We will continue to add leadership to achieve our endeavour to build a category defining company.”
The $1 billion company offers business intelligence (BI), econometric tools and predictive modeling services that help clients with major business decisions ranging from new product launches to decoding customer reaction and has a rich set of clientele including Microsoft, Pfizer and Dell.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study