Nakoda deploys IBM Smarter Computing solution
Nakoda Limited, a mid-sized company in Gujarat that is engaged in the manufacturing of raw materials for the textile industry as well as several other businesses recently announced it has implemented IBM Smarter Computing solution.
The new implementation was designed to help the company standardize and streamline business operations running on SAP and displaced the existing server systems. According to Devendra Jain, joint managing director, Nakoda Limited, with the help of the solution, Nakoda was able to reduce its IT costs by up to 20 percent in one year.
“To keep up with the changes in today’s dynamic business environment, the company was looking to deploy an integrated IT platform so that it can centrally monitor and optimize workloads, while keeping data accuracy and integrity up-to date,” Jain told CXOtoday. He added that IBM’s performance and its market leadership in power systems convinced us to replace our existing servers.
The integrated smarter computing solution is based on IBM’s Power Systems built with IBM BladeCenter servers, IBM System Storage DS5020 and Tivoli Storage Manager. Innovative Telecom and Software was the implantation partner in the process. The implementation of the solution was done with the help of IBM’s Advanced Business Partner.
Viswanath Ramaswamy, Director – Power Systems, IBM India South Asia commented that IBM could provide exactly the kind of solution Nakoda needed for the support for the SAP implementation. The power architecture coupled with the AIX operating system is extremely robust for a mission critical application like SAP and RAS features that ensures round-the-clock operation with minimal downtime.
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Nov 6-11)
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs