Naren Gupta Joins mCheck Board
mChek, a mobile banking and payments service provider, today announced that Silicon Dr. Naren Gupta, managing partner of Nexus Venture Partners has joined the board of directors of the company.
The company also announced that Nexus Venture Partners had led the Series-B financing of the company earlier in the year.
Dr. Gupta co-founded Integrated Systems Inc. (ISI) in 1980 to develop products for embedded software development which went public in 1990. Dr. Gupta served as ISI’s president and CEO from founding until 1994 and as Chairman until 2000.
Integrated Systems merged with Wind River Systems in 2000 and Dr. Gupta then served as Wind River’s VC since then until its acquisition by Intel in 2009. Dr. Gupta also serves on the boards of Red Hat and Tibco Software and several privately-held companies.
He has over 20 years of early and early-growth stage investment experience in US and India. Several of his earlier investments have had successful public exits, including Digital Link (IPO), E-Tek Dynamics (IPO), RightNow (IPO), Numerical Technologies (IPO, acquired by Synopsis) and Speedera Networks (acquired by Akamai). He also serves as a board member for two non-profit organizations - the Community Foundation of Silicon Valley and the American India Foundation.
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- Marketing Trends That Will Fizzle Out In 2018
- The Future Of Digital Payments In 2018
- Digital, IoT Empowering Banking Industry
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- Mobile Operators To Cope With HD, Encryption Issues: Study
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens