Naren Gupta Joins mCheck Board
mChek, a mobile banking and payments service provider, today announced that Silicon Dr. Naren Gupta, managing partner of Nexus Venture Partners has joined the board of directors of the company.
The company also announced that Nexus Venture Partners had led the Series-B financing of the company earlier in the year.
Dr. Gupta co-founded Integrated Systems Inc. (ISI) in 1980 to develop products for embedded software development which went public in 1990. Dr. Gupta served as ISI’s president and CEO from founding until 1994 and as Chairman until 2000.
Integrated Systems merged with Wind River Systems in 2000 and Dr. Gupta then served as Wind River’s VC since then until its acquisition by Intel in 2009. Dr. Gupta also serves on the boards of Red Hat and Tibco Software and several privately-held companies.
He has over 20 years of early and early-growth stage investment experience in US and India. Several of his earlier investments have had successful public exits, including Digital Link (IPO), E-Tek Dynamics (IPO), RightNow (IPO), Numerical Technologies (IPO, acquired by Synopsis) and Speedera Networks (acquired by Akamai). He also serves as a board member for two non-profit organizations - the Community Foundation of Silicon Valley and the American India Foundation.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- How HR Analytics Can Be A Game-Changer In The Banking Industry
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool