Naren Gupta Joins mCheck Board
mChek, a mobile banking and payments service provider, today announced that Silicon Dr. Naren Gupta, managing partner of Nexus Venture Partners has joined the board of directors of the company.
The company also announced that Nexus Venture Partners had led the Series-B financing of the company earlier in the year.
Dr. Gupta co-founded Integrated Systems Inc. (ISI) in 1980 to develop products for embedded software development which went public in 1990. Dr. Gupta served as ISI’s president and CEO from founding until 1994 and as Chairman until 2000.
Integrated Systems merged with Wind River Systems in 2000 and Dr. Gupta then served as Wind River’s VC since then until its acquisition by Intel in 2009. Dr. Gupta also serves on the boards of Red Hat and Tibco Software and several privately-held companies.
He has over 20 years of early and early-growth stage investment experience in US and India. Several of his earlier investments have had successful public exits, including Digital Link (IPO), E-Tek Dynamics (IPO), RightNow (IPO), Numerical Technologies (IPO, acquired by Synopsis) and Speedera Networks (acquired by Akamai). He also serves as a board member for two non-profit organizations - the Community Foundation of Silicon Valley and the American India Foundation.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Cloud-Based Biometric Authentication Is Underway
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive