NASA Selects TTTech as Technology Partner
NASA has signed a "Space Act Agreement" with TTTech, a leading supplier of networking solutions based on time-triggered technology, to support NASA’s technology needs for design of highly dependable integrated embedded systems.
This agreement is in line with NASA’s strategy to establish partnerships with the private sector to encourage innovation and advance space exploration.
The collaboration will result in an open Ethernet-based standard suitable for deployment in upcoming NASA programs and space systems. TTTech has developed a new network technology named TTEthernet, combining commercially available Ethernet infrastructure with TTTech’s time-triggered services.
Commercially available products, technologies and standards such as TTEthernet help to protect system design investments and can generate significant savings in capital-intensive programs over very long life-cycles.
TTEthernet’s focus is on mission-critical, safe and secure applications in various industries including commercial aerospace, space and defense applications. TTEthernet’s scalability also enables deployment in high-volume cross-industry applications, such as telecommunications, automotive or medical electronics, a company release stated.
TTEthernet provides a set of time-triggered services implemented on top of standard IEEE802.3 Ethernet. Those services are designed to enable design of synchronous, highly dependable embedded computing and networking, capable of tolerating multiple faults. With TTEthernet, robustly partitioned multimedia data streams, critical control data and standard LAN messages can operate in one network without unintended congestions or interactions. This enables handling of mixed level criticality functions in complex Ethernet-based networks, effectively circumventing limitations of Ethernet technology for design of advanced integrated systems, the release stated.
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How AI Is Transforming HR And The Recruitment Process
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018