NASA Selects TTTech as Technology Partner
NASA has signed a "Space Act Agreement" with TTTech, a leading supplier of networking solutions based on time-triggered technology, to support NASA’s technology needs for design of highly dependable integrated embedded systems.
This agreement is in line with NASA’s strategy to establish partnerships with the private sector to encourage innovation and advance space exploration.
The collaboration will result in an open Ethernet-based standard suitable for deployment in upcoming NASA programs and space systems. TTTech has developed a new network technology named TTEthernet, combining commercially available Ethernet infrastructure with TTTech’s time-triggered services.
Commercially available products, technologies and standards such as TTEthernet help to protect system design investments and can generate significant savings in capital-intensive programs over very long life-cycles.
TTEthernet’s focus is on mission-critical, safe and secure applications in various industries including commercial aerospace, space and defense applications. TTEthernet’s scalability also enables deployment in high-volume cross-industry applications, such as telecommunications, automotive or medical electronics, a company release stated.
TTEthernet provides a set of time-triggered services implemented on top of standard IEEE802.3 Ethernet. Those services are designed to enable design of synchronous, highly dependable embedded computing and networking, capable of tolerating multiple faults. With TTEthernet, robustly partitioned multimedia data streams, critical control data and standard LAN messages can operate in one network without unintended congestions or interactions. This enables handling of mixed level criticality functions in complex Ethernet-based networks, effectively circumventing limitations of Ethernet technology for design of advanced integrated systems, the release stated.
- Here's How Top E-Retailers Gear For The Festive Sale
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage