NASSCOM announces February as Women Safety month
The Indian IT-BPM sector is one of the largest employers in India and with over 800,000 women employed across levels and has been driving the agenda of gender diversity across large and small companies. But safety has always been a concern.
In an effort to highlight this malaise of our society, the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), today highlighted various measures undertaken by the IT-BPM industry to enhance the awareness on the safety of its women workforce. It has announced February as Women Safety month and publishes a best practices compendium on women security.
The announcement has been made for the NCR region, wherein industry and NASSCOM will organize a series of events and activities to educate engage and empower its workforce. Over 50 different activities will be organized across companies in the region.
“The contribution of women to the growth of our industry has been immense and it is our constant endeavour to provide a safe and secure working environment for all our employees. I must compliment the courage and commitment of our women employees that despite the heightened security concerns, we did not see any decline in attendance, productivity and applicants to jobs in this industry. The industry follows robust practices and has further enhanced its awareness programs for employees to make them aware of these practices. The NASSCOM Best Practices compendium on women security being released today showcases the comprehensive practices adopted by the industry that can be adopted by other industry sectors,” said Som Mittal, President, NASSCOM.
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Positive Feedback Can Enhance Productivity Among IT Staff: Report
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 5-9)
- Outlook For Indian IT Is Cautiously Positive In 2018: Nasscom
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?