Nasscom CSR Report Lauds Green IT Initiatives
IT companies have emerged tops in the sphere of environmental responsibility in Nasscom Foundation’s Catalysing Change - Towards Inclusive Growth annual report on corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the IT industry.
The fourth annual report highlights the integration of CSR into the core business practices of IT companies and the focus built on areas such as education, healthcare, among others.
The report is intended to be a road map for sustainable development in India.
For assessing the maturity level of the CSR activities being undertaken, the Catalysing Change… report has focused on: the organisation’s approach to CSR, documentation of CSR policy, use of domain expertise and employee volunteering, resource allocation, geographical reach of projects as well as CSR best practices like standard reporting, monitoring and evaluation, B2B and stakeholder engagement.
As per the report, the overall maturity level stood at 59%, signifying that CSR practices at Indian IT companies reflect that their growth stage is still approaching maturity . Companies still view CSR as philanthropy instead of carefully-planned development activities that are measured and evaluated to access the impact and self-sustainability.
However, in the sphere of environmental responsibility, which include several green IT and environment-friendly practices, IT companies have scored 100%. Employee engagement have also shown a healthy 98% score in the CSR process of companies.
The full report for Catalysing Change will be released shortly and will contain the details of CSR activities of the IT industry in India.
- TCS Bets On Business 4.0 To Propel Digital Revenues
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- BI in Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- How IoT Is Revolutionizing CPG Industry
- Why IoT Benefits Will Outweigh Its Challenges