NASSCOM Foundation's IT workshop for gov officers
NASSCOM Foundation recently organized a ConnectIT workshop for government officials in Sangli. ConnectIT is a national level programme of NASSCOM Foundation as part of its efforts towards building IT capacity among government officers and non-profits. The programme is supported by Microsoft and NASSCOM.
"Technology today is helping us reach those who are unable to access government services. To ensure better and speedy delivery of services that affect citizens, especially those services that affect decision making at the village level, it is important to have a well structured technology based service delivery system and officers trained in technology to deliver such services" said Shyam Wardhane, Collector, Sangli.
At the two day ConnectIT workshop, the government officers were introduced to various communications technologies such as video conferencing, email practices and social media tools including Twitter, Facebook and blogging. They were introduced to advanced applications in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and their usages. The workshop also included various interactive sessions on eGovernance where the participant officers were encouraged to share their experience in e governance projects.
"With the current spree of integration of IT in the working of the various government departments and through the e-governance process and beyond, it has become critical to upgrade the skills of the government officers to align them to this e-gov vision going forward. In this respect, NASSCOM Foundation would strive to facilitate more and more such workshops to support the Government in their vision of better governance." said Rufina Fernandes, CEO, NASSCOM Foundation.
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- Outlook For Indian IT Is Cautiously Positive In 2018: Nasscom
- Technostress Hampers Productivity At Workplace: Microsoft
- Will India Govt Ban Cryptocurrencies From Its Payments System
- Exploring The Potential Of Blockchain Through ‘Collaboration'
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses