NASSCOM Foundation's IT workshop for gov officers
NASSCOM Foundation recently organized a ConnectIT workshop for government officials in Sangli. ConnectIT is a national level programme of NASSCOM Foundation as part of its efforts towards building IT capacity among government officers and non-profits. The programme is supported by Microsoft and NASSCOM.
"Technology today is helping us reach those who are unable to access government services. To ensure better and speedy delivery of services that affect citizens, especially those services that affect decision making at the village level, it is important to have a well structured technology based service delivery system and officers trained in technology to deliver such services" said Shyam Wardhane, Collector, Sangli.
At the two day ConnectIT workshop, the government officers were introduced to various communications technologies such as video conferencing, email practices and social media tools including Twitter, Facebook and blogging. They were introduced to advanced applications in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and their usages. The workshop also included various interactive sessions on eGovernance where the participant officers were encouraged to share their experience in e governance projects.
"With the current spree of integration of IT in the working of the various government departments and through the e-governance process and beyond, it has become critical to upgrade the skills of the government officers to align them to this e-gov vision going forward. In this respect, NASSCOM Foundation would strive to facilitate more and more such workshops to support the Government in their vision of better governance." said Rufina Fernandes, CEO, NASSCOM Foundation.
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- IT Veteran Shyam Ramamurthy Joins Goals101 As Chief Product Officer
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- Tech Mahindra-Microsoft Use Blockchain To Curb Spam Calls
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- Can Google Make A Successful Comeback In China?
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?