Nasscom to Develop Application for NGOs
With a focus to explore and extend ICT-driven tools and applications for empowerment and employment in rural India, the Nasscom Foundation is developing a Web-based application, which will be operational by Jan 15, 2009.
The application will help NGOs to manage centers and feed data related to the students enrollment and their performance during courses offered and subsequent job status. Software will have security facility and only authorized users can use this package. Rights to have access to various features will be assigned to a particular user or user groups, said Rufina Fernandes, CEO, Nasscom Foundation. A bar graph and pie chart can be generated with an option to select the chart type. These reports will also be available in an excel sheet.
NGOs can download the documents and policies. The foundation will also be able to get a consolidated view on the content and centers that are being used to impact social development in the rural region. Through the listing option, all the created entities in the system could be generated and viewed, and could be exported to other applications. The foundation is working to bridge a gap, as well as boost NGOs so as they could impart employability skills training for rural BPOs, retail and animation, Fernandes said.
The software will also have an option for trainee enrollment. During enrollment, the trainees employment status could be tracked, she said. If a trainee enrolls for any additional course, his name will appear only once in the reports. The trainee can then track the result and employability status.
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Nasscom Believes IT industry Will Perform Better Next Fiscal
- Indian IT Cos Reducing Dependence On Visas: Nasscom
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- MakeMyTrip's Co-founder And President Ashish Kashyap Resigns
- Automation To Axe 7 Lakh Jobs, But Not High-skilled Jobs
- Poor Cybersecurity Hygiene Leads To Greater Risks: Study
- Changing India's Learning System With Transformational Tech
- Key Cyber Security Initiatives for Indian Enterprises: Gartner
- Jobs In Indian IT Industry To Bounce Back Soon