Nasscom unveils its annual rankings for the IT-BPO industry
National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) today announced the findings of its annual survey on the outlook for FY10-11. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) was ranked numero uno in two categories namely Top 20 IT Software and Services Exporters and Top 20 IT-BPO Employers 2009-10, while Genpact India topped the NASSCOM Top 15 BPO Exporters 2009-10 list.
According to Nasscom, the IT-BPO industry will witness a healthy growth in this year, led by growth in the core markets and supplemented by significant contributions from emerging markets. Growth drivers include a thrust on platform BPO, Analytics, Finance & Accounting, Remote Infrastructure Management, ADM, and Cloud Services. The Indian IT-BPO Industry is expected to exceed USD 70 billion in FY’11. The growth in the domestic IT-BPO spend is driven by a robust economy, increased IT spending by government and adoption of IT by SMBs.
The improving demand scenario has led to increased hiring and therefore employment grew by almost 9% in a demand constrained environment. The industry headcount addition is expected to double this year to touch 200,000 new employees, leading to 2.5 million direct employment.
Speaking on the launch, Som Mittal, President, Nasscom said “The year 2010 should be considered as a “return-to-growth” year with marginal increase in budgets and essential enterprise IT spending. Nasscom will continue to facilitate and collaborate to support the industry’s growth, as it embarks in the next decade. We visualize a broadening of our role - one that entails greater collaboration across markets, sectors and within India.”
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- CIO Klub Chalks Out Expansion Plan
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study