Nasscom unveils its annual rankings for the IT-BPO industry
National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) today announced the findings of its annual survey on the outlook for FY10-11. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) was ranked numero uno in two categories namely Top 20 IT Software and Services Exporters and Top 20 IT-BPO Employers 2009-10, while Genpact India topped the NASSCOM Top 15 BPO Exporters 2009-10 list.
According to Nasscom, the IT-BPO industry will witness a healthy growth in this year, led by growth in the core markets and supplemented by significant contributions from emerging markets. Growth drivers include a thrust on platform BPO, Analytics, Finance & Accounting, Remote Infrastructure Management, ADM, and Cloud Services. The Indian IT-BPO Industry is expected to exceed USD 70 billion in FY’11. The growth in the domestic IT-BPO spend is driven by a robust economy, increased IT spending by government and adoption of IT by SMBs.
The improving demand scenario has led to increased hiring and therefore employment grew by almost 9% in a demand constrained environment. The industry headcount addition is expected to double this year to touch 200,000 new employees, leading to 2.5 million direct employment.
Speaking on the launch, Som Mittal, President, Nasscom said “The year 2010 should be considered as a “return-to-growth” year with marginal increase in budgets and essential enterprise IT spending. Nasscom will continue to facilitate and collaborate to support the industry’s growth, as it embarks in the next decade. We visualize a broadening of our role - one that entails greater collaboration across markets, sectors and within India.”
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- iValue, MicroFocus Organize CIO Meet To Discuss IT Infra Challenges
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate