National Geographic Deploys DAM
The company chose a hosted solution to simplify management of the thousands of hours of program tapes, photos, and marketing materials that need to be accessible to its 29 regional offices around the globe.
The scalable, hosted solution removes the need to buy software or hardware, while doing away with internal maintenance, upgrade, and support costs. Patches and upgrades are also handled by the hosting vendor. The system can support multiple users in widespread geographic areas. “Experts configured the system to map to our business model, and they provide support the solution, which has alleviated that pressure from our organization,” said Abigail Grossman, manager of Operations and Technical Services for NGCI.
DAM serves as a virtual creative services network for NGCI offices worldwide. It uploads promotional and programming content including still photos, videotapes, and scripts into a secure central repository. This central resource enables any office to be the creative hub and distribution point for marketing materials on behalf of their particular region - and in some cases, to the global group. Access and usage rights are fully controlled by NGCI headquarters, according to the statement.
According to Grossman, “The solution we chose was quickly implemented and gives us 24/7 technical support just about anywhere in the world any time of the day, something we could never have tackled in-house,” said Grossman.
“It also seamlessly manages all content, keeps that content updated, and provides accessibility and secure storage. We didn’t have to worry about building out the infrastructure and acquiring in-house experts to manage the process. We were up and running is just a few months.”
LANDesk Launches Asset Management Solution
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future