Navteq completes 25 years in the industry
Navteq announced that it has recently completed 25 years of its existence in the industry. Navteq is a provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services, and mobile advertising.
“As we look to the future, location content can only continue to grow as a driving force behind new industries and new consumer experiences, and we plan to remain on our path of revolutionizing what is possible,” commented Larry Kaplan, president and CEO of Navteq.
The company has contributed in the development of map data provider for the in-car GPS navigation system, besides, Navteq True,a mapping collection system.
The company states that, it had invested in the development of a fully navigable digital map database envisioned for in-car navigation years in advance of available systems to utilize the data. Navteq is acknowledged as a driving force in the development of the data technologies needed to support vehicle Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The company began its operations in 1985, and today holds over 400 patents and supplies data to over 1700 customers worldwide. Considering the occasion of silver jubilee, the company has made a $25,000 donation to UNICEF in support of the world’s children.
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Firms Struggle With Digital Transformation Investments: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Indians Lack Awareness Of Malicious Cryptomining: Study
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance