Navteq completes 25 years in the industry
Navteq announced that it has recently completed 25 years of its existence in the industry. Navteq is a provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services, and mobile advertising.
“As we look to the future, location content can only continue to grow as a driving force behind new industries and new consumer experiences, and we plan to remain on our path of revolutionizing what is possible,” commented Larry Kaplan, president and CEO of Navteq.
The company has contributed in the development of map data provider for the in-car GPS navigation system, besides, Navteq True,a mapping collection system.
The company states that, it had invested in the development of a fully navigable digital map database envisioned for in-car navigation years in advance of available systems to utilize the data. Navteq is acknowledged as a driving force in the development of the data technologies needed to support vehicle Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The company began its operations in 1985, and today holds over 400 patents and supplies data to over 1700 customers worldwide. Considering the occasion of silver jubilee, the company has made a $25,000 donation to UNICEF in support of the world’s children.
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Digital Transformation Remains A Confused 'Buzzword' To CXOs: Study
- Entrepreneurship Perceptions On Rise In India: GEM Report
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report