NCDMA Launches Website, E-filing Now Mandatory
As a part of its e-governance initiative, the National CDM Authority (NCDMA) in the Ministry of Environment and Forests has launched a new website.
With this launch, CDM project proponents can now file applications and upload their project documents on the site, instead of submitting hard copies of the project reports to the Authority.
Vijai Sharma, secretary, Environment and Forests, said, "With online uploading of project reports, the handling of project reports and other paper work of the Authority will be reduced considerably. E-filing will be mandatory with immediate effect."
However, as a transitional measure, the project proponents shall also submit hard copies of project reports till September 30 2009, he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Sharma highlighted India’s commitment to further strengthening of the CDM and its continuation beyond 2012. India and other major countries are major players in the field of CDM. Without their effective participation, this mechanism cannot survive and would make compliance of emission reduction targets by Annex-I countries much more expensive.
As per Sharma, India’s CDM potential represents a significant component of the global CDM market. As on March 17 2009, 398 out of total 1,455 projects registered by the CDM Executive Board are from India, which is next only to China with 453 projects.
The NCDMA has accorded Host Country Approval to 1,226 projects facilitating an investment of more than Rs.151,397 crore. If registered by the CDM Executive Board, all these projects have the potential to generate 573 million Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) by the year 2012.
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- Connected Cars, Beyond The Paradigm
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- Office Automation Is The New Smart Investment
- Role Of Privacy In A Digital World
- HPE Closes $8.8 Billion Micro Focus Spin-Off