NCR acquires Mobiqa, expands mobile self-service platform
NCR (NYSE: NCR) a technology company has recently acquired Mobiqa, a mobile optimized content provider. The acquisition is meant to enable NCR to establish a global mobile center of excellence, which will initially focus on the travel industry, where NCR and Mobiqa expect to realize synergies from their existing solutions.
“We are dedicated to making consumers’ experience of interacting with businesses easier by giving them the ability to move seamlessly between self-service mobile, online and kiosk channels,” commented John Bruno, EVP, NCR.
According to NCR, Scotland - based Mobiqa, will complement its existing R&D facility in Dundee and enable NCR to extend existing mobile offerings across multiple industry sectors.
Mobiqa uses SMS, MMS, web link and email technologies for barcode delivery to mobile phones and offers fully optimized mobile website content for m-commerce transactions and downloadable applications in the airline, cinema, live events, rail and retail sectors, informed NCR.
NCR and Mobiqa are both active in global standards organizations, including the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which has mandated the use of barcode boarding passes by airlines globally by the end of 2010.
- Ride The Power Of Disruption Or Be Obsolete: Mike Gregoire
- Why Mobile Video Can Only Get Bigger
- Oracle Helps Bigtree Improve Customer Base
- Five Ingredients To India's E-Commerce Growth
- ITU Sets Up Vision For 5G Systems
- India To Have 90 Mn 4G Subscribers By 2018
- Can Amazon's IoT Push Change E-Tailing Landscape
- Mobile Users Drive LInkedIn's Profit This Quarter
- CeBIT 2015: Need for Language-As-A-Service Strategy
- Embracing 'Mobile First' But How?