NCR acquires Mobiqa, expands mobile self-service platform
NCR (NYSE: NCR) a technology company has recently acquired Mobiqa, a mobile optimized content provider. The acquisition is meant to enable NCR to establish a global mobile center of excellence, which will initially focus on the travel industry, where NCR and Mobiqa expect to realize synergies from their existing solutions.
“We are dedicated to making consumers’ experience of interacting with businesses easier by giving them the ability to move seamlessly between self-service mobile, online and kiosk channels,” commented John Bruno, EVP, NCR.
According to NCR, Scotland - based Mobiqa, will complement its existing R&D facility in Dundee and enable NCR to extend existing mobile offerings across multiple industry sectors.
Mobiqa uses SMS, MMS, web link and email technologies for barcode delivery to mobile phones and offers fully optimized mobile website content for m-commerce transactions and downloadable applications in the airline, cinema, live events, rail and retail sectors, informed NCR.
NCR and Mobiqa are both active in global standards organizations, including the International Air Transport Association (IATA), which has mandated the use of barcode boarding passes by airlines globally by the end of 2010.
- Who’s Getting Hired In Tech This Year?
- Twitter CEO Dick Costolo Upbeat On India Market
- Google Now Adds Bill Payment To GMail
- Mobile-Cloud Strategy: Microsoft Ties Up With Samsung
- How Semiconductor Market Is Poised For Big Growth
- Are Marketers Leveraging Mobile Local Search?
- Video Revolution: Moving To The Next Level
- Businesses Still Ignoring Mobile Apps Security
- Xiaomi Is Now India's Top 4G Handset Seller
- Enterprises Lack Funds For Service-Centric IT