NCR Enhances Remote Store System Management Tool
NCR Corporation has introduced an enhanced version of NCR Retail Systems Manager (RSM), a software tool to monitor, diagnose and resolve store technology issues remotely.
The new RSM Release 2.0 features an Enterprise Edition, also includes Local Edition to provide local diagnostics on terminals and other systems and Site Edition, which serves as the in-store monitoring point.
RSM comprises a set of software components that reside on a server and a store’s NCR RealPOS terminals, NCR FastLane self-checkouts or NCR EasyPoint kiosks running on a Microsoft Windows software platform. It provides remote monitoring and alerting, remote access, remote diagnostics and remote resolution through a help desk-friendly interface. This tool allows remote management beyond the terminal and operating system, down to the peripheral level.
RSM includes an enterprise-level asset repository and an enterprise-level historical alert repository. It also provides the ability to manage terminal images through a built-in Pre-Boot Execution Server, which enables remote deployment of new terminal images and expedites disaster recovery through the application of a fresh terminal image. It also offers software distribution functionality, as well as the ability to remotely flash BIOS or other firmware.
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- How Fanfare Personalizes Shopping Experience Via Blockchain
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Blockchain Revolutionizing Global Media Entertainment Industry
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- CRM Tools Can Redefine Wealth Management Industry