NCR Enhances Remote Store System Management Tool
NCR Corporation has introduced an enhanced version of NCR Retail Systems Manager (RSM), a software tool to monitor, diagnose and resolve store technology issues remotely.
The new RSM Release 2.0 features an Enterprise Edition, also includes Local Edition to provide local diagnostics on terminals and other systems and Site Edition, which serves as the in-store monitoring point.
RSM comprises a set of software components that reside on a server and a store’s NCR RealPOS terminals, NCR FastLane self-checkouts or NCR EasyPoint kiosks running on a Microsoft Windows software platform. It provides remote monitoring and alerting, remote access, remote diagnostics and remote resolution through a help desk-friendly interface. This tool allows remote management beyond the terminal and operating system, down to the peripheral level.
RSM includes an enterprise-level asset repository and an enterprise-level historical alert repository. It also provides the ability to manage terminal images through a built-in Pre-Boot Execution Server, which enables remote deployment of new terminal images and expedites disaster recovery through the application of a fresh terminal image. It also offers software distribution functionality, as well as the ability to remotely flash BIOS or other firmware.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- How CIOs Of Midsize Firms Can Drive Digital Transformation