NCR To Unveil Velocity Portal Software Suite
National Retail Federation Convention & Expo in New York running from Jan 15-18 will see NCR Corporation unveiling NCR Velocity Portal.
Velocity Portal is a comprehensive software suite that assimilates and manages data from different devices including RFID- based technologies, throughout the supply chain.
John Greaves, VP, Global RFID Solutions, NCR, said, “NCR Velocity Portal provides a rapid development environment that resolves the time-consuming and costly challenge of collecting, interpreting and moving massive amounts of data from multiple sources. NCR Velocity Portal delivers the right information to the right person or system, at the right time, regardless of the data collection device.”
The new platform improves business processes among manufacturers, distributors, merchants and end-user customers by simplifying the process of transmitting critical information. It delivers critical information into a highly accurate and streamlined environment hence bringing immediacy to data communications and analytics.
Velocity Portal supports a wide variety of technologies like real-time wireless, batch systems, programmable logic controllers, personal digital assistants etc. by operating on both traditional intent- based data collection and RFID-based pervasive data collection. Other benefit of the portal includes integrated security and user authentication, multi-lingual support based on user login, and the ability to connect to an unlimited number of data sources.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- IBM Collaborates With MIT On AI Research