NDS appoints Jayant Changrani to head Indian operations
NDS, a provider of technology solutions for digital pay-TV, recently appointed Jayant Changrani as country head and general manager for NDS India.
Based in Gurgaon, Changrani will oversee strategy, business development, pre-sales and sales activities in India. His remit includes identifying and developing new business opportunities for NDS’ end-to-end pay-TV solutions in cable, satellite (DTH), IPTV and mobile TV markets. He is also responsible for internal operations at the NDS centres in Delhi and Mumbai.
“Jayant has an excellent understanding of the Indian pay-TV industry, particularly the cable TV and DTH broadcasting sectors. His vast experience will be invaluable to NDS and its local customers as pay-TV undergoes a period of rapid transformation in India,” commented Sue Taylor, Sr. VP and GM, NDS Asia Pacific.
Changrani has more than 22 years industry experience. Prior to joining NDS, he spent ten years as Sr VP, Broadband Networks and Commercial at Hathway Cable & Datacom and five years as the Head of Business Operations at GTL.
Changrani remarked that, “I am extremely pleased to be leading a team of professionals who are dedicated to changing the face of entertainment in India by bringing new digital and interactive services to the market.”
Media Partners Asia (MPA) forecasts huge growth in the market; from a base of over 21 million digital TV homes at the end of 2009, to over 62 million by 2015. India’s DTH and cable pay-TV players, Bharti Airtel, Tata Sky, DEN (Digital Entertainment Network), Hathway Cable & Datacom (BOM:HATHWAY), and GTPL (KAR:GTPL), all rely on NDS systems to protect and enable their pay-TV services, informed the company.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens