NDS appoints Jayant Changrani to head Indian operations
NDS, a provider of technology solutions for digital pay-TV, recently appointed Jayant Changrani as country head and general manager for NDS India.
Based in Gurgaon, Changrani will oversee strategy, business development, pre-sales and sales activities in India. His remit includes identifying and developing new business opportunities for NDS’ end-to-end pay-TV solutions in cable, satellite (DTH), IPTV and mobile TV markets. He is also responsible for internal operations at the NDS centres in Delhi and Mumbai.
“Jayant has an excellent understanding of the Indian pay-TV industry, particularly the cable TV and DTH broadcasting sectors. His vast experience will be invaluable to NDS and its local customers as pay-TV undergoes a period of rapid transformation in India,” commented Sue Taylor, Sr. VP and GM, NDS Asia Pacific.
Changrani has more than 22 years industry experience. Prior to joining NDS, he spent ten years as Sr VP, Broadband Networks and Commercial at Hathway Cable & Datacom and five years as the Head of Business Operations at GTL.
Changrani remarked that, “I am extremely pleased to be leading a team of professionals who are dedicated to changing the face of entertainment in India by bringing new digital and interactive services to the market.”
Media Partners Asia (MPA) forecasts huge growth in the market; from a base of over 21 million digital TV homes at the end of 2009, to over 62 million by 2015. India’s DTH and cable pay-TV players, Bharti Airtel, Tata Sky, DEN (Digital Entertainment Network), Hathway Cable & Datacom (BOM:HATHWAY), and GTPL (KAR:GTPL), all rely on NDS systems to protect and enable their pay-TV services, informed the company.
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Firms Struggle With Digital Transformation Investments: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch